Thursday, January 5, 2012

How Digitally Civilized Am I?

I would love to say that I am extremely civilized digitally, and that I can find my way around any internet site or program without a problem, but that is just not the case. I Facebook, I have had a blog in the past, I love things like Tumblr, but the only real motivation I have had for extensive internet searching or participation voluntarily is aesthetic. I love fashion and all things related and have participated in that part of the internet, but truthfully it is probably one of the most easily accessible genres as it is one of the most commercial. I am also a news junkie as of late, so I am getting better and better at getting the news I want from my favorite papers for free.
I am going to be come a journalist eventually, and in that field changes are happening so fast because of the digital revolution we are experiencing. The idea of being paid to write is a more foreign idea than ever because so many more people are doing it for free. I am extremely interested in how this change in the industry is going to pan out and what new forms writing and selling that writing will take. I know that to be competitive in that marketplace, I am going to need a great deal of digital literacy and am going to need a large understanding of what the digital world is and what it has come from. It could be a very scary career path, but it could also be extremely rewarding, and I am excited to see where a digitally enhanced future could lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment